Sunday, January 20, 2013

Our Name and Purpose Explained

What many of you who have been kind enough to visit this page may be wondering is what exactly our name is meant to suggest about our page. We have decided not to go the typical route of naming our blog after something that "makes sense" like "BlogBuster." We approached it from a simple perspective where we wanted to combine two things that we like and appreciate a lot. I am a very huge fan of the classic 1962 desert epic Lawrence of Arabia, which has become a cornerstone of our relationship, and our discussion about film. I believe it to be the greatest film made thus far, and I have watched it several times, and my partner happens to enjoy teasing me about it. He also happens to be a very huge fan of actress Jennifer Lawrence (which I am as well), and we one say noticed the portmanteau created with my favorite film, and Andrew's favorite actress. Henceforth, we created Jennifer Lawrence of Arabia, which represents symbolically some aspects that we love about film.
Now that you know our name, and what it means to us, it may make sense to us to explain what we hope to do with this blog. We hope to discuss film in many ways, aspects, and methods. We will not only write reviews of current movies, but we hope to review older movies, discuss award chances, and different aspects of film. We are both great lovers of film, and we hope to share that love with as wide an audience as we can. I hope that you can enjoy our ramblings, and that you find something to enjoy on our blog. We welcome feedback, as long as it is civil, and we encourage discourse about film. Andrew and I look forward to this journey. As the great T. E. Lawrence said, "Nothing is written," that is, until we write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment